Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Which came first?

Which came first?

The chicken?

Or the egg?

I personally think the chicken, but who cares.

We went to Maracuene to see the chicken farms that we are overseeing. There are 3 different houses. We took an electrician with us so we could get a quote on some lights to be installed. Each house has tons of chickens in them, and tons of eggs. Each house has an employee who makes sure the chickens have feed and collect the eggs that come and put them into cartons so they can be loaded on a truck and taken away. We decided to help our friend Faustina out and help her collect the eggs.

Faustina collecting eggs

one of the chicken houses


I overcame a huge fear of mine to be able to go through these cages to collect the eggs. I am afraid of birds. and this is why:
Beady eyes staring you down. A beak, pecking pecking pecking. Surrounded by "bock bock bock bock bock". Its funny that I'm scared of chickens considering one of my favorite movie growing up was "Rock-a-doodle"

This was a different experience, but it was a good time. We each collected 10 cartons each. We even made our electrician work! ha! Free labor. :) I don't think he was very happy about it. It was a weird experience to pick up a warm egg, knowing that it had just come from the chickens bum bum only minutes before.
Our electrician collecting eggs
Our car

I found a kitten in a box at the chicken farm

I have these weird bumps on my hand, legs, and feet. I don't know what they are. They don't itch or anything. I think they are flea bites. I just don't understand how they got me this many times without me knowing. I hope they don't continue to grow because they have gotten bigger over the last two days.
Day one- hand bumps

Day two- hand bumps



Cute little boy. (they have the cutest kids ever here)
 
Fernando, electrician, and me

Huge mango. mmm..


Huge spider at chicken farm

Much love from Mozambique!

3 comments:

  1. Is it super hot there? It seems like Alex is always in shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mango is huge, I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its "rock a doodle do"!!!!! only the best movie ever.
    -brad

    ReplyDelete